Lorene

Lorene
Just a little lefse, will go a long ways

Thursday, February 7, 2008






I took today off. I decided I'd have a tea party for Mom. I invited some of the friends around that she remembers the most. We drank 2 pots of coffee and some tea and ate biscuits and strawberry jam and some other goodies they brought. I thought maybe we'd play a game of Scrabble or work on putting together a puzzle, but everyone just enjoyed sitting around talking so thats what we did. Of course, we all say, "this is so nice we should do this more often."
We got into a discussion of dinner/supper and laughed about how all our children think the evening meal is dinner, but we know better. We know that its breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunch and SUPPER..and if you have company over in the evening then you have lunch again. That was in the days when everyone lived on the farm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you get any pictures?? please post if you did!!
Annie

Anonymous said...

Being a southern girl, I never have understood that idea of using the word "lunch" for a snack, especially in the evening. :)

About Me

Minnesota, United States